Compressor maker Ariel Corp. has developed an app for smartphones and tablets that allows users to begin early evaluation and selection of its equipment for specific applications. The iOS and Android app, called Ariel7-2Go, and available on iTunes and Google Play Store, is free of charge and enables users to email their selection results to Ariel for further scoping.
“Ariel’s goal of providing customers with easy access to information and technology to enhance the Ariel experience is our priority,” said Robert Drews, director of marketing.
The Ariel7-2Go app lets users determine the Ariel frame and cylinders capable of meeting their target horsepower and flow requirements. It allows preliminary compressor selection anywhere and on the go. App users can:
- Plug in input parameters including pressures, temperatures, speed, and gas type
- Switch between specifying a target horsepower or target flow
- Get quick estimate of flow and/or power
- Work in either English or metric units
- Vary the applied RPM to match a specific driver
- Review calculated values such as discharge temperature, bore size, and rod load
- Get basic frame data similar to Ariel data cards.
Ariel, based in Mount Vernon, Ohio, makes reciprocating compressors used by the oil and gas, petrochemical, and process industries. Its website is www.arielcorp.com.