Online education and training has grown significantly in recent years because of the convenience and flexibility for students as well as the inherent advantages brought by the technology, such as relieving the strain on training staff, physical resources, scheduling, and logistics. Couple that with current engineering and skilled workforce challenges and online training makes much sense for manufacturing employers.
To that end, Endress+Hauser recently opened the End User Academy (EUA), allowing field technicians to gain the training to run plant operations safely, smoothly, and efficiently on demand and at their own pace.”The importance of investing in skilled workers is often overlooked by employers, so companies need to realize the value that online training can provide,” says Jerry Spindler, Endress+Hauser’s customer training manager.
EUA is designed to be preparation training for on-site and classroom training later on. Endress+Hauser says the online training module has narrated presentations with diagrams, photos, and videos that allow technicians to follow along lessons easily. EUA has online instruction in:
- Flow - Electromagnetic, Vortex, Coriolis Mass Flow, Ultrasonic, Differential Pressure Flow, Thermal Mass Flow
- Level - Capacitance, Vibration, Ultrasonic, Hydrostatic, Radar, Guided Radar, Differential Pressure Level
- Pressure – Gauge/Absolute, Differential Pressure, Hydrostatic
- Temperature – Temperature Transmitter, Resistance Temperature Detectors and Thermocouples, Sensors
- Liquid Analysis – Conductivity, pH/Oxidation Reduction Potential, Chlorine, Dissolved Oxygen, Turbidity, Chemical Analyzers
- Recorders & Components – Paperless Recorders, Visual Data Managers, Displays, Power Supplies
- Solutions – Wireless Networks, Life Cycle Management, Plant Asset Management
Endress+Hauser is enticing technicians with a free course “test drive.” Technicians have the chance to try out a sample course, interacting with the online interface and perusing the training content, at www.us.endress.com/eua. There is a downloadable PDF course listing, along with a downloadable FAQ.
Companies have three levels of cost (a yearly per-seat subscription) and involvement to select. The most basic level provides 24/7 access to Endress+Hauser’s full training module catalog, while the top level provides a “Manager/Supervisor View” that enables the monitoring of users’ training progress.