The Hydraulic Institute and its nonprofit education arm, Pump Systems Matter, have announced a webinar to detail its recently published standard for testing of rotodynamic pumps. The session will be held on March 11 from 1 to 2 p.m. ET.
The webinar will cover ANSI/HI 14.6, “Pump Testing for Rotodynamic Pumps,” led by Richard Rindy, test lab manager for Weir Minerals North America. Various aspects of the standard will be discussed, including:
- Terms and definitions
- Guarantee point and duty points for pump acceptance tests
- Permissible amplitude of fluctuation of measurement uncertainty
- Performance test acceptance grades and tolerances
- Default test acceptance grades in appropriate situations
- Usage of ANSI/HI Standard 14.6 to follow the prescribed testing procedures
- Usage of ANSI/HI Standard 14.6 to analyze the results from testing.
Pump Systems Matter and the Hydraulic Institute require advanced registration. Webinar participants will receive a 25 percent discount on the purchase of ANSI/HI Standard 14.6 and one Professional Development Hours (PDH) education credit upon completion of the webinar.
Attendees can register for the webinars at www.pumpsystemsmatter.org.
Established by the Hydraulic Institute, utilities and energy efficiency organizations, Pump Systems Matter is a nonprofit organization aiming to educate industry on the benefits of pump systems optimization and energy efficiency to improve bottom-line savings.