Hydraulic Institute (HI) has opened registration for its 2013 Market Outlook Workshop at www.Pumps.org/13MarketOutlook. The annual event will take place in San Diego Aug. 8-9, and provide attendees with current and specific market insights on both the valve and pump industries. Prior to the event, on Aug. 7, HI will host the HI Market Intelligence Committee meeting and dinner for pump industry analysts associated with HI member companies.
The two-day event will be held at the Hotel Solamar and feature presentations from industry and economic leaders on trends in a number of diverse marketplaces and economies.
Expert presenters will focus on specific market sectors; they include:
- Water/Wastewater” – Tom Decker, vice president, Brown & Caldwell
- Power – Kevin Geraghty, vice president of power generation, NV Energy
- Oil & Gas – John Spears, president, Spears & Associates
- Petrochemical – Mark Eramo, executive vice president, IHS Global Insight
- Shale Gas – Richard Ranger, senior policy advisor, American Petroleum Institute
- Hydrocarbon Processing – Mark Peters, vice president and group publisher, PenWell.
Workshop highlights also include the Wall Street Perspective presentation by Michael Halloran, senior research analyst and vice president at Robert W. Baird & Co., and Economic Outlook by Alan Beaulieu, president of ITR Economics. There will also be a session, The Changing Face of Distribution, by Greg Peterson, vice president of value sales for MRC Inc.
Complete meeting details, accommodations/special room block rate information, and registration for the 2013 Market Outlook Workshop as well as the HI Market Intelligence Committee meeting are available on HI’s website, www.Pumps.org/13MarketOutlook. The HI can be reached at (973) 267-9700, ext. 125 and gbernardo@Pumps.org for more information on the events.