Ken Miko, director strategic accounts for Cleveland-based bearing distributor BDI, will become PTDA’s president in 2014. He succeeds Chris Bursack, director of marketing for ISC Companies Inc., in Plymouth, Minn.
Miko has been active in PTDA since 1993, serving as a member of three committees (Educational Resources, Industry Relations, and Technical Education) and most recently as first vice president, second vice president, and treasurer on the PTDA board. Miko also served as vice president of the PTDA Foundation in 2007, president in 2008 and 2009 and is currently an Industrial Careers Pathway Ambassador.
Joining Miko on the 2014 PTDA board will be:
- First Vice President Ajay Bajaj, president of Rotator Products Limited, in Woodbridge, Ont., Canada
- Second Vice President LeRoy Burcroff, vice president of sales for Bearing Service Inc., in Livonia, Mich.
- Treasurer Mitch Bouchard, secretary and treasurer of General Bearing Service Inc., in Ottawa
- Immediate Past President Chris Bursack
- Jim Halverson, director of power transmission and data communications for Van Meter Industrial, in Cedar Rapids, Ia.
- Carlton Harvey, vice president of industrial sales and corporate quality for Jamaica Bearings Co. Inc., in New Hyde Park, N.Y.
- David Mayer, vice president of marketing and services for Kaman Industrial Technologies Corp., in Bloomfield, Conn.
- Bill Childers, president of C&U Americas, in Plymouth, Mich.
- Tom Clawser, director of reliability services for Delta Reliability Div. of Brown Transmission & Bearing Co., in Lancaster, Pa.
- Harold Dunaway, executive vice president of finance and administration for Motion Industries Inc., in Birmingham, Ala.
Brian Kolman, president of Brewer Machine & Gear Co., in St. Louis, assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2014, succeeding Michael Dolpp, vice president of sales for the Americas at Thomson Industries, in Amherst, N.Y. Kolman has served on the council since 2009 and has been an active PTDA member for more than a dozen years. His committee involvement goes back to 2000 and includes service on the Marketing Committee.
Joining Kolman on the Manufacturer Council for 2014 will be:
- Vice Chair Cliff Bannon, eastern sales manager for Isostatic Industries Inc., in Chicago
- Immediate Past Chair Michael Dolpp
- Michael Cinquemani, president and CEO of Master Power Transmission, in Greenville, S.C.
- Chris Curran, president of Climax Metal Products Co., in Mentor, Ohio
- Chris Henson, director of sales, US distribution, The Timken Co., in Canton, Ohio
- Sean Hickey, president of Lafert North America, in Mississauga, Ont., Canada
- Don Lanser, director of marketing for U.S. Motors/Nidec Motor Corp., in St. Louis
- Tony Martell, vice president of the aftermarket business unit for NSK Americas, in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Mike Power, director of sales for Lovejoy Inc., in Downers Grove, Ill.
Based in Chicago, PTDA represents the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel, with 172 member firms and 200 manufacturers and associated companies that supply the PT/MC industry.