Suppliers Products CAD Drawings Product News Certifications
Search By: Category Company Name Brand UNSPSC Commodity
Promote Your Business | MyThomas
Friday, August 29, 2014

3D Systems to Acquire Majority Stake in Phenix Systems

pxm-3-4_2

3D Systems’s acquisition of Phenix Systems gives it access to Phenix technology like the PXM, pictured above. Credit: Phenix Systems.

American additive manufacturing machine maker and 3D imaging and customization software developer 3D Systems announced that it has purchased a majority share in French 3D printer manufacturer Phenix Systems.

Foundry Magazine reports that industry analysts estimate 3D Systems will pay roughly $20 million for the 80 percent share in a deal that will close by the end of July. Following that close, 3D Systems has already stated its intention to purchase the remaining 20 percent stake.

Phenix Systems manufactures direct metal laser sintering (DMLS) 3D printers, which use lasers to fuse metal powders into CAD-designed shapes. The technology is used to make prototypes and production parts from stainless steel, tool steel, super alloys, non-ferrous alloys, precious metals, and alumina for the aerospace, automotive, and biomedical industries.

Watch the video below for more information about DMLS.

Brian Lane

Advertisements
Add Comment Register



Speak Your Mind

*

Copyright© 2014 Thomas Publishing Company. All Rights Reserved. See Terms and Conditions or Privacy Statement. Website Last Modified August 29, 2014.

Thomas Register® and Thomas Regional® are part of ThomasNet.com.

ThomasNet Is A Registered Trademark Of Thomas Publishing Company.