Hardinge has this year released a new addition to its line of T-Series Super-Precision turning centers, the T-51 MSY SP. The CNC lathe falls under the Super Precision brand name due to its ability with high-precision surface finishes, part roundness and size control. It also focuses on providing the most popular features and easy tool changeover, while taking up minimal floor space.
“Extended periods of unattended operation are possible with complete assurance that quality, close-tolerance parts will be produced, all in a small footprint,” Hardinge Sales Manager Brad Devon said in a statement.
Hardinge demonstrated automated production of hydraulic spool valve housings on the turning center with Gosiger Automation, which partnered with the supplier to integrate a Fanuc M-10iA six-axis industrial robot on the turning center. Gosiger was also able to integrate a Renishaw Equator programmable comparative gage, which performs high-speed scanning of the lathe’s rapid moves.
The T-51 lathe is advertised with the following features:
- 5,000 rpm, 2-in bar capacity, A2-6 in, 20-HP, collet-ready spindle;
- 12 turret stations (all live tooling capable);
- Hardinge exclusive HARCRETE-reinforced cast iron base;
- Linear glass scales on each axis;
- Part surface finishes of 8 micro-in;
- Wide range of options such as sub-spindle and live tooling; and
- Fanuc 31i control.
You can view a video of the T-51 lathe above.