Vero Software is introducing Machining STRATEGIST V14, the newest addition to the company’s line of CAM/CAD/CAE software releases for the mold and die industry. STRATEGIST V14 is a multi-axis CAM program for programmers using a variety of machine tools and is compatible with a large variety of 3-D modeling systems.
The programming updates in V14 include a new roughing algorithm that affords programmers better toolpath control, reducing rapid movements. The roughing algorithm controls the tool along previously cut areas to prevent it from leaving the part or to machine flat areas without programming in a Z level. The roughing algorithm also supplies smooth transition for cleanup.
The new edition of Machining STRATEGIST has also updated other functionality. Vero Software advertises features that allow users to “use pre-drilled entry points for cavity regions of core roughing toolpaths” and link “horizontal area passes from outside to in (core linking).”
In addition to these improvements, general features of Machining STRATEGIST include:
- Smooth motion control machining for all toolpaths;
- Tooling libraries, incorporating toolholders;
- Toolholder gouge protection;
- Control drilling;
- Access taper cutter support;
- 3+2 axis machining;
- Rest machining;
- Steep/shallow machining options for all 3D toolpaths;
- Variable stock-allowance to steep and shallow areas;
- Batch processing and access multi-threading processor support; and
- Calculate multiple processes simultaneously in one database.