Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Enterprise-wide quality software, handling centralized data collection, document management, and customer issues, among other functions, is redefining manufacturing quality. [Read More...]
Technology-enabled product tracking and tracing capabilities are becoming must-haves as supply chains have grown more and more complex. They help protect manufacturers and minimize risk impact. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Organizations operating under stringent regulatory compliance and quality management require air-tight document management solutions. Anything less and companies suffer inefficiencies, redundancies, and ultimately risk to the business. [Read More...]
Small and medium-sized businesses were most satisfied with their software-selection projects when conducted with basic due diligence rather than the kinds of complex analyses often employed by IT departments. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
AT&T's announcement of a move to cloud-based architecture for its network underscores the emergence of so-called NGI, or next-generation IT infrastructure, which encompasses open-source environments, software-defined networking, and cloud orchestration layers. [Read More...]
Getting data from manufacturing machinery and tying it to enterprise systems allows organizations to get production insights. Doing this for disparate, legacy machines has been a conundrum, but the MTConnect protocol is a promising answer. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Online travel services firm faces £150000 penalty after data breach - Business Technology
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- HP Adds Chairman to Whitman's Title - The VAR Guy
- Report: Wearables Straining Google-Samsung Relationship - The VAR Guy
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- Keil Hubert: Chairman of the Bored - Business Technology
- Microsoft Layoffs: Who Goes Besides Nokia Employees? - The VAR Guy