Operating connected systems and networked infrastructure with so-called advanced persistent threats, such as cyber-espionage organizations, always looming has meant the need for advanced firewalls that go deep to find vulnerabilities. [Read More...]
Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Enterprise-wide quality software, handling centralized data collection, document management, and customer issues, among other functions, is redefining manufacturing quality. [Read More...]
Technology-enabled product tracking and tracing capabilities are becoming must-haves as supply chains have grown more and more complex. They help protect manufacturers and minimize risk impact. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Organizations operating under stringent regulatory compliance and quality management require air-tight document management solutions. Anything less and companies suffer inefficiencies, redundancies, and ultimately risk to the business. [Read More...]
Small and medium-sized businesses were most satisfied with their software-selection projects when conducted with basic due diligence rather than the kinds of complex analyses often employed by IT departments. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
AT&T's announcement of a move to cloud-based architecture for its network underscores the emergence of so-called NGI, or next-generation IT infrastructure, which encompasses open-source environments, software-defined networking, and cloud orchestration layers. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Will CIOs Ever Trade Information Technology for Business Technology? - Direct Marketing News
- Gartner: Solution Providers Integral to Success of IT Strategies - The VAR Guy
- Paddy Power admits 600000 customers' data was stolen four years ago - Business Technology
- Dell, BlackBerry Mobile Enterprise Partnership in the Works? - The VAR Guy
- 5 Telltale Signs of All-Star IT Salespeople - The VAR Guy
- Apple Drives Ford Away from BlackBerry to iPhones - The VAR Guy
- Microsoft Lures Away Top Qualcomm Marketing Executive - The VAR Guy
- Marketers struggling to convert content marketing into business value - Business Technology
- Inspector Dogberry: CleverPet, BlackBerry's Project Ion and BloomSky - Business Technology
- New copyright exemptions allow Britons to make private copies of digital content - Business Technology