Organizations operating under stringent regulatory compliance and quality management require air-tight document management solutions. Anything less and companies suffer inefficiencies, redundancies, and ultimately risk to the business. [Read More...]
Small and medium-sized businesses were most satisfied with their software-selection projects when conducted with basic due diligence rather than the kinds of complex analyses often employed by IT departments. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
AT&T's announcement of a move to cloud-based architecture for its network underscores the emergence of so-called NGI, or next-generation IT infrastructure, which encompasses open-source environments, software-defined networking, and cloud orchestration layers. [Read More...]
Getting data from manufacturing machinery and tying it to enterprise systems allows organizations to get production insights. Doing this for disparate, legacy machines has been a conundrum, but the MTConnect protocol is a promising answer. [Read More...]
Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
Manufacturers, after dabbling in management and finance applications in the cloud, are now becoming more comfortable getting off-premise with manufacturing operations IT. [Read More...]
Okuma, a CNC machinery maker, established Partners in THINC to include competing suppliers of shop-floor productivity solutions. This seemingly unconventional move spurs open-platform development while reinforcing Okuma as a problem-solver for its customers. [Read More...]
A new generation of firewalls, web security gateways, and intrusion-detection and intrusion-prevention systems that include contextual capabilities is coming onto the market. Simply put, they are able to analyze "the who, the what, the where, and the how" when it comes to enterprise users and threats. [Read More...]
General Motors is nearing completion of its groundbreaking effort to bring its U.S. IT resources in-house, in an initiative that is expected to reduce costs and bring IT operations in closer alignment with the business. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Indian and Chinese SMEs to Work Closely Across Business, Technology Sectors - NDTV
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Optimise your business's app to find success even as download rates fall - Business Technology
- Amazon's Mobile POS Undercuts the Competition - RIS News (blog)
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Amazon Opening Pop-Up Stores for Cloud Business - The VAR Guy
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- Keil Hubert: Interviewing Naked - Business Technology
- Forrester: The Business Technology Value Scorecard - InfoWorld