Software-defined networking is unlocking networking functionality from hardware and devices to enable managers and architects to deploy routing and switching of their own will and write their own programs. [Read More...]
Distribution and supply managers are always worried about both inventory carrying costs and stock shortages. Increasingly complex manufacturing supply chains, though, are calling for a balanced approach through inventory optimization. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
It is obviously incumbent to have good software and system integration for good manufacturing operations management. But the best manufacturers at MOM are driven by staff who execute continuous improvement practices. [Read More...]
A series of manufacturing research hubs that the Obama administration wants to establish aims to speed the development of advanced, cutting-edge manufacturing and automation technologies and production techniques. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Eight recent company acquisitions by Google Inc. point to an intriguing conclusion: The tech giant wants to help direct the course of industrial robotics into an agile and ultra-intelligent future. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Microsoft Lures Away Top Qualcomm Marketing Executive - The VAR Guy
- BRIEF-ISC Business Technology says new synergies through participation in hrv ... - Reuters
- Lenovo Showcases Smart Glass Wearable, New IoT Platform - The VAR Guy
- American Express Global Business Travel Introduces New Technology - Travel Agent
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Stock Rating Reaffirmed by FinnCap (KBT) - Watch List News (press release)
- Babolat's connected racquet helps tennis players find the sweet spot - Business Technology
- EA to launch Netflix-style video games subscription service on Xbox One - Business Technology
- Listen to online customer feedback to optimise your company's mobile app - Business Technology
- The City of London police to tackle piracy with banners on suspect websites - Business Technology
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology