Strategies for product development and management can be extraordinarily useful and profitable -- or they can be red herrings, rabbit trails you’re better off ignoring. For some companies, product lifecycle management (PLM) can be one of them. [Read More...]
Xerox is a company transforming itself from a developer and manufacturer of copiers and printers into a provider of services and solutions. Throughout the transformation, they have attempted to retain the tradition of technological innovation that has been a hallmark of the company since its inception. [Read More...]
Using the right metrics is crucial to achieving successful performance in any enterprise. Keeping those metrics simple, if possible, is ideal. Can overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) provide that kind of snapshot information to manufacturers? [Read More...]
The market for wearable tech is expected to grow from $9 billion last year to $30 billion by 2018, according to Shane Walker at IHS Global Insights. Perhaps the biggest market for Google Glass is the business sector. [Read More...]
When it comes Big Data projects, companies shouldn’t let the IT department do the driving, according to a number of experts presenting at last month’s Data Warehouse Institute World Conference. [Read More...]
Choosing and implementing an ERP software package is a costly and time-consuming venture for many manufacturing organizations. [Read More...]
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an increasingly common business policy that encourages employees to use their own smart devices, including phones, tablets, and laptops, to access company data. Executives consider BYOD “the gateway to greater business benefits,” according to a 2012 Cisco study. [Read More...]
Managing an enterprise’s assets requires strict policies, disciplined operations and labor-intensive inventory audits -- regular inventory audits are frequently required as part of compliance with such laws as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 as well. [Read More...]
One of the big incentives to use automated software solutions for manufactures is the desire to expand capacity and serve more customers, which translates into increased sales. But finding the right software and implementing it can be a challenge. [Read More...]
In the event of a manufacture’s recall, fixing a damaged product may be the least of the concerns that needs to be addressed. Customer safety and brand reputation that could impact the bottom line for a long time could be at stake. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- The Light Side: Have No Fear, the Science Brigade Is Here
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
- Rise of the Machines: Industrial Machinery Market Growth to Double in 2014
- Industrial Automation Equipment to See Stronger Growth in 2014 after Two Mediocre Years
- Editor’s Note: The Race to Tomorrow Is On
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Antibody-Drug Conjugates 2014: A Business, Technology & Pipeline Analysis - PR Newswire (press release)
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- Technology firms - The Economist
- Planet Business - Irish Times
- Tensions Between IT and Business Leaders Forcing Changes in Enterprise ... - Techzone360
- Google Q1 Revenue, Earnings Miss--Stung by Nest, Motorola - The VAR Guy
- Small Manufacturers and Wholesalers Surveyed Say Business Technology is ... - The Herald | HeraldOnline.com (press release)
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times
- Technology showcase links researchers, business - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle