Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Strategies for product development and management can be extraordinarily useful and profitable -- or they can be red herrings, rabbit trails you’re better off ignoring. For some companies, product lifecycle management (PLM) can be one of them. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Editor’s Note: Pardon the Interruption
- Smart Companies Leverage Green Supply Chains for Competitive Benefits
- Industry Crib Sheet: Consumer Spending Dips in July but Confidence Soars
- The Light Side: ‘It’s the Hotel, Our Robot Has Arrived with Your Towels’
- Performance Management: Grasp the Big-Picture Metrics
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- The evolving role of savvy business technology leaders - CloudTech
- Yelp CEO reviews his own business after 10 years - The Seattle Times
- Microsoft Defies Judge's Order to Turn Over Foreign Stored Emails - The VAR Guy
- Top 5 Retailers to Work For - RIS News (blog)
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Longtime Tech Journalist Anand Shimpi Heads to Apple - The VAR Guy
- Firms will spend over £40 billion on information security this year - Business Technology
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- New iPhone 6 could have built-in mobile payments system - Business Technology