Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
Data centers consume 2 percent of the world's energy. A global consortium of IT organizations called the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) is promoting an open and standard approach for measuring the carbon footprint of services provided from the cloud. [Read More...]
It’s just about impossible to find a business that isn’t heavily dependent on computers, data, and software applications. Given the various risks that can cause critical information to disappear -- cyber-attack, natural disaster, computer virus, or coffee accidentally spilled into a laptop -- it is essential to have a strategy to back up computers and servers. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- The Light Side: Have No Fear, the Science Brigade Is Here
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
- Rise of the Machines: Industrial Machinery Market Growth to Double in 2014
- Industrial Automation Equipment to See Stronger Growth in 2014 after Two Mediocre Years
- Editor’s Note: The Race to Tomorrow Is On
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Technology consultant shares tips - Killeen Daily Herald
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Technology playing bigger roll in consumers' restaurant choices - Tulsa World
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- Antibody-Drug Conjugates 2014: A Business, Technology & Pipeline Analysis - Emag.co.uk
- Technology firms - The Economist
- Tensions Between IT and Business Leadership Force New Approach to ... - IT Business Edge
- Small Manufacturers and Wholesalers Surveyed Say Business Technology is ... - The Herald | HeraldOnline.com (press release)
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times
- The smartphone comes of age - Business Technology