Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
The growth of additive manufacturing, remote diagnostics, and data-gathering "smart products" will have a profound impact on manufacturing as we know it, according to experts. [Read More...]
Nailing down the return on investment (ROI) for a data visualization initiative is difficult. The key is to view these tools in terms of the business benefit, business productivity, and IT efficiency. [Read More...]
At its core, data visualization is based on a strikingly simple proposition -- it’s easier to see connections, relationships, and trends when they’re graphically displayed than it is to stare at a bunch of numbers. That realization has created such a demand for data visualization products that it has sparked an “arms race” among the makers of the technology. [Read More...]
It’s just about impossible to find a business that isn’t heavily dependent on computers, data, and software applications. Given the various risks that can cause critical information to disappear -- cyber-attack, natural disaster, computer virus, or coffee accidentally spilled into a laptop -- it is essential to have a strategy to back up computers and servers. [Read More...]
Strategies for product development and management can be extraordinarily useful and profitable -- or they can be red herrings, rabbit trails you’re better off ignoring. For some companies, product lifecycle management (PLM) can be one of them. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Business & Technology Showcase is March 10 at Salem Civic Center - Roanoke Times
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup - Boston.com
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud - Australian Techworld
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - Boston.com
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Opportunity Alert: Web-Scale IT Growing Fast - The VAR Guy
- 4 Small Business Technology Must-Haves - Business 2 Community