Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
A series of manufacturing research hubs that the Obama administration wants to establish aims to speed the development of advanced, cutting-edge manufacturing and automation technologies and production techniques. [Read More...]
Eight recent company acquisitions by Google Inc. point to an intriguing conclusion: The tech giant wants to help direct the course of industrial robotics into an agile and ultra-intelligent future. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
The growth of additive manufacturing, remote diagnostics, and data-gathering "smart products" will have a profound impact on manufacturing as we know it, according to experts. [Read More...]
As more businesses get ready to embrace the Industrial Internet, a question arises as to whether their IT staffs are prepared to tackle the challenge. Furthermore, what IT resources do manufacturers need to bring the Industrial Internet into their plants? [Read More...]
One of the big incentives to use automated software solutions for manufactures is the desire to expand capacity and serve more customers, which translates into increased sales. But finding the right software and implementing it can be a challenge. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Hackers exploiting Internet Explorer to expose computers' security flaws - Business Technology
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - Broadway World
- Online travel services firm faces £150000 penalty after data breach - Business Technology
- Don't Steal the Spotlight from Sales Reps: 10 Tips - The VAR Guy
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- Britain faces increasing digital skills shortage, says taskforce report - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- Univ. of Toledo camp immerses high school students in modern technology - WNWO NBC 24
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology