Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
As more businesses get ready to embrace the Industrial Internet, a question arises as to whether their IT staffs are prepared to tackle the challenge. Furthermore, what IT resources do manufacturers need to bring the Industrial Internet into their plants? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- American Express Global Business Travel Introduces New Technology - Travel Agent
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology
- Innovator: Marriott official says technology will play a growing role in your ... - Washington Post
- Government champions Internet of things with new legislation - Business Technology
- Listen to online customer feedback to optimise your company's mobile app - Business Technology
- K3 Business Technology Acquires Retail Technology For GBP610,000 - London South East
- Technology, piracy bring end to DVD library era - Times of India
- Differentiating Through Analytics - RIS News (blog)
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Receives Corporate Rating from FinnCap ... - Ticker Report
- Who's Responsible For Digital Transformation? - Small Business News from Gaebler.com