Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Managing an enterprise’s assets requires strict policies, disciplined operations and labor-intensive inventory audits -- regular inventory audits are frequently required as part of compliance with such laws as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 as well. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Creating a brave new connected world - Business Technology
- Technology, piracy bring end to DVD library era - Times of India
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - Broadway World
- Don't Steal the Spotlight from Sales Reps: 10 Tips - The VAR Guy
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- Britain faces increasing digital skills shortage, says taskforce report - Business Technology
- John Wm. Macy's CheeseSticks Launches New Website - GroundReport
- The Digital Reality: How Technology has Transformed the New Business - Business 2 Community