Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Managing an enterprise’s assets requires strict policies, disciplined operations and labor-intensive inventory audits -- regular inventory audits are frequently required as part of compliance with such laws as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 as well. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Rise of the Machines: Industrial Machinery Market Growth to Double in 2014
- Industrial Automation Equipment to See Stronger Growth in 2014 after Two Mediocre Years
- Editor’s Note: The Race to Tomorrow Is On
- What’s Next for the North American Packaging Market?
- Industry Crib Sheet: Small Business Confidence Brightens
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Tensions Between IT and Business Leadership Force New Approach to ... - IT Business Edge
- Business Wire - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)
- Intel's Strange Q1: PC Chip Sales Stabilize, Mobile Revenue Plummets - The VAR Guy
- Business Technology Spending on the Rise - Midsize Insider
- Disrupt or Die: Key Takeaways from RTC - RIS News (blog)
- Zebra to spend $3.45B on Motorola business - MiamiHerald.com
- Healthcare is still a people-first (not technology-first) business, says ... - MedCity News
- Ventana Research Announces the 2014 Business and Technology Leadership ... - EIN News (press release)
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times