Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
Choosing and implementing an ERP software package is a costly and time-consuming venture for many manufacturing organizations. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Industry Crib Sheet: Manufacturing Coming Out of Hibernation
- The Light Side: As Winter Ends, So Go the Traffic Sneckdowns
- Trade Show Preview: Integrating the Industry at Hannover Messe
- Trade Show Preview: Gathering Schools Together at IMTS
- Survey: Small, Midsize Manufacturers “Conservatively Optimistic”
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Building Business & Technology Innovation Centers - Baseline
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Technology outruns policy for telemedicine - Longview News-Journal
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup - Firstpost
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- Technology a facilitator for a more streamlined car-buying process - Economic Times
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims - The Seattle Times
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- Keil Hubert: Fond Memories of a Train Wreck - Business Technology
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud - ARNnet