Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
Choosing and implementing an ERP software package is a costly and time-consuming venture for many manufacturing organizations. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- The Light Side: Have No Fear, the Science Brigade Is Here
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
- Rise of the Machines: Industrial Machinery Market Growth to Double in 2014
- Industrial Automation Equipment to See Stronger Growth in 2014 after Two Mediocre Years
- Editor’s Note: The Race to Tomorrow Is On
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Antibody-Drug Conjugates 2014: A Business, Technology & Pipeline Analysis - PR Newswire (press release)
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Technology firms - The Economist
- Planet Business - Irish Times
- Tensions Between IT and Business Leaders Forcing Changes in Enterprise ... - Techzone360
- Google Q1 Revenue, Earnings Miss--Stung by Nest, Motorola - The VAR Guy
- Small Manufacturers and Wholesalers Surveyed Say Business Technology is ... - The Herald | HeraldOnline.com (press release)
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times
- Technology showcase links researchers, business - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle