Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
Choosing and implementing an ERP software package is a costly and time-consuming venture for many manufacturing organizations. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- The Future of Engagement: Wearable Tech - RIS News (blog)
- AT&T Merges Mobility, Enterprise Unit, Names New Boss - The VAR Guy
- Firms will spend over £40 billion on information security this year - Business Technology
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Vivendi, Telefonica in talks over Brazil business - seattlepi.com