Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Nailing down the return on investment (ROI) for a data visualization initiative is difficult. The key is to view these tools in terms of the business benefit, business productivity, and IT efficiency. [Read More...]
Xerox is a company transforming itself from a developer and manufacturer of copiers and printers into a provider of services and solutions. Throughout the transformation, they have attempted to retain the tradition of technological innovation that has been a hallmark of the company since its inception. [Read More...]
The market for wearable tech is expected to grow from $9 billion last year to $30 billion by 2018, according to Shane Walker at IHS Global Insights. Perhaps the biggest market for Google Glass is the business sector. [Read More...]
When it comes Big Data projects, companies shouldn’t let the IT department do the driving, according to a number of experts presenting at last month’s Data Warehouse Institute World Conference. [Read More...]
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an increasingly common business policy that encourages employees to use their own smart devices, including phones, tablets, and laptops, to access company data. Executives consider BYOD “the gateway to greater business benefits,” according to a 2012 Cisco study. [Read More...]
In the event of a manufacture’s recall, fixing a damaged product may be the least of the concerns that needs to be addressed. Customer safety and brand reputation that could impact the bottom line for a long time could be at stake. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- The Light Side: Have No Fear, the Science Brigade Is Here
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
- Rise of the Machines: Industrial Machinery Market Growth to Double in 2014
- Industrial Automation Equipment to See Stronger Growth in 2014 after Two Mediocre Years
- Editor’s Note: The Race to Tomorrow Is On
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Antibody-Drug Conjugates 2014: A Business, Technology & Pipeline Analysis - PR Newswire (press release)
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Technology firms - The Economist
- Planet Business - Irish Times
- Tensions Between IT and Business Leaders Forcing Changes in Enterprise ... - Techzone360
- Google Q1 Revenue, Earnings Miss--Stung by Nest, Motorola - The VAR Guy
- Small Manufacturers and Wholesalers Surveyed Say Business Technology is ... - The Herald | HeraldOnline.com (press release)
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times
- Technology showcase links researchers, business - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle