The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Nailing down the return on investment (ROI) for a data visualization initiative is difficult. The key is to view these tools in terms of the business benefit, business productivity, and IT efficiency. [Read More...]
Xerox is a company transforming itself from a developer and manufacturer of copiers and printers into a provider of services and solutions. Throughout the transformation, they have attempted to retain the tradition of technological innovation that has been a hallmark of the company since its inception. [Read More...]
The market for wearable tech is expected to grow from $9 billion last year to $30 billion by 2018, according to Shane Walker at IHS Global Insights. Perhaps the biggest market for Google Glass is the business sector. [Read More...]
When it comes Big Data projects, companies shouldn’t let the IT department do the driving, according to a number of experts presenting at last month’s Data Warehouse Institute World Conference. [Read More...]
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an increasingly common business policy that encourages employees to use their own smart devices, including phones, tablets, and laptops, to access company data. Executives consider BYOD “the gateway to greater business benefits,” according to a 2012 Cisco study. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- AT&T Merges Mobility, Enterprise Unit, Names New Boss - The VAR Guy
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- Technology trends can work for business - NEWS.com.au
- Vivendi, Telefonica in talks over Brazil business - nwitimes.com
- Microsoft Cuts Surface 2 Prices by $100 in New Promotion - The VAR Guy
- Microsoft Boss Nadella Heads to China Over Anti-trust Worries - The VAR Guy
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Why Friendliness Alone Won't Close Stalled Prospects - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune