General Motors is nearing completion of its groundbreaking effort to bring its U.S. IT resources in-house, in an initiative that is expected to reduce costs and bring IT operations in closer alignment with the business. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
The problems associated with the somewhat disastrous launch of the Affordable Care Act website serve as a sobering reminder of the challenges involved in the oversight of large and complex software projects. Companies that use effective resource management can avoid the kinds of catastrophic schedule slip that afforded too little time for testing the ACA website. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Increasingly Dense Mobile Devices Present Cooling Challenges in Product Design
- Industrial Robotics Move from Safety Emphasis to Advanced Tasks
- Industry Crib Sheet: Industrial Production Has a Healthy March
- The Light Side: Have No Fear, the Science Brigade Is Here
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Report: Region's tech employment, pay on upswing - Pittsburgh Business Times (blog)
- Supreme Court to decide on Aereo, an obscure start-up that could reshape the ... - Washington Post
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO - The Seattle Times
- Forrester: Enterprise Architecture In China Can't Keep Up With Business ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Panic Stations: Security technology and panic rooms - Business Technology
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times
- Justices test Aereo on copyright issue but raise concern about harming cloud ... - Washington Post
- Technology consultant shares tips - Killeen Daily Herald