Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
The problems associated with the somewhat disastrous launch of the Affordable Care Act website serve as a sobering reminder of the challenges involved in the oversight of large and complex software projects. Companies that use effective resource management can avoid the kinds of catastrophic schedule slip that afforded too little time for testing the ACA website. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Business & Technology Showcase is March 10 at Salem Civic Center - Roanoke Times
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup - Boston.com
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - Boston.com
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Opportunity Alert: Web-Scale IT Growing Fast - The VAR Guy
- 4 Small Business Technology Must-Haves - Business 2 Community
- IT Decision Makers and Growth of Business Technology - Midsize Insider