Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
General Motors is nearing completion of its groundbreaking effort to bring its U.S. IT resources in-house, in an initiative that is expected to reduce costs and bring IT operations in closer alignment with the business. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
The problems associated with the somewhat disastrous launch of the Affordable Care Act website serve as a sobering reminder of the challenges involved in the oversight of large and complex software projects. Companies that use effective resource management can avoid the kinds of catastrophic schedule slip that afforded too little time for testing the ACA website. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Online travel services firm faces £150000 penalty after data breach - Business Technology
- Don't Steal the Spotlight from Sales Reps: 10 Tips - The VAR Guy
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Britain faces increasing digital skills shortage, says taskforce report - Business Technology
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- HP Adds Chairman to Whitman's Title - The VAR Guy
- Report: Wearables Straining Google-Samsung Relationship - The VAR Guy
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- Microsoft Layoffs: Who Goes Besides Nokia Employees? - The VAR Guy