There are similarities between management standards, such as the corrective and preventive action (CAPA) process for environmental, health, and safety and that for quality. So why aren't more companies using common management standards? [Read More...]
Getting data from manufacturing machinery and tying it to enterprise systems allows organizations to get production insights. Doing this for disparate, legacy machines has been a conundrum, but the MTConnect protocol is a promising answer. [Read More...]
It is obviously incumbent to have good software and system integration for good manufacturing operations management. But the best manufacturers at MOM are driven by staff who execute continuous improvement practices. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Editor’s Note: Pardon the Interruption
- Smart Companies Leverage Green Supply Chains for Competitive Benefits
- Industry Crib Sheet: Consumer Spending Dips in July but Confidence Soars
- The Light Side: ‘It’s the Hotel, Our Robot Has Arrived with Your Towels’
- Performance Management: Grasp the Big-Picture Metrics
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- The evolving role of savvy business technology leaders - CloudTech
- Top 5 Retailers to Work For - RIS News (blog)
- Microsoft Defies Judge's Order to Turn Over Foreign Stored Emails - The VAR Guy
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Firms will spend over £40 billion on information security this year - Business Technology
- New iPhone 6 could have built-in mobile payments system - Business Technology
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- The Future of Engagement: Wearable Tech - RIS News (blog)
- Longtime Tech Journalist Anand Shimpi Heads to Apple - The VAR Guy
- Yelp CEO reviews his own business after 10 years - The Seattle Times