Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Using the right metrics is crucial to achieving successful performance in any enterprise. Keeping those metrics simple, if possible, is ideal. Can overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) provide that kind of snapshot information to manufacturers? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Technology outruns policy for telemedicine - Longview News-Journal
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup - Boston.com
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims - The Seattle Times
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud - Australian Techworld
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - Boston.com
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- IT Decision Makers and Growth of Business Technology - Midsize Insider