Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Using the right metrics is crucial to achieving successful performance in any enterprise. Keeping those metrics simple, if possible, is ideal. Can overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) provide that kind of snapshot information to manufacturers? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
- Rise of the Machines: Industrial Machinery Market Growth to Double in 2014
- Industrial Automation Equipment to See Stronger Growth in 2014 after Two Mediocre Years
- Editor’s Note: The Race to Tomorrow Is On
- What’s Next for the North American Packaging Market?
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Tensions Between IT and Business Leadership Force New Approach to ... - IT Business Edge
- Planet Business - Irish Times
- Business Wire - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)
- Microsoft OS Chief Myerson: Desktop, Touch Key to Future Plans - The VAR Guy
- Business Technology Spending on the Rise - Midsize Insider
- Intel's Strange Q1: PC Chip Sales Stabilize, Mobile Revenue Plummets - The VAR Guy
- Agro Biosciences expanding Milwaukee County Research Park lab space - Milwaukee Business Journal
- Zebra to spend $3.45B on Motorola business - MiamiHerald.com