Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Using the right metrics is crucial to achieving successful performance in any enterprise. Keeping those metrics simple, if possible, is ideal. Can overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) provide that kind of snapshot information to manufacturers? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- AMT Viewpoint: Machinery Investment Is Primed for Growth
- Trade Show Preview: Divide and Conquer for IMTS Success
- Increasingly Dense Mobile Devices Present Cooling Challenges in Product Design
- Industrial Robotics Move from Safety Emphasis to Advanced Tasks
- Industry Crib Sheet: Industrial Production Has a Healthy March
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Report: Region's tech employment, pay on upswing - Pittsburgh Business Times (blog)
- Flash Memory Pure Storage Lands $225 Million in Venture Round - The VAR Guy
- LifeSize Offers Zero Percent Financing for Videoconferencing Wares - The VAR Guy
- Supreme Court to decide on Aereo, an obscure start-up that could reshape the ... - Washington Post
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Want to Improve Your Email Lead-Gen? Avoid These Mistakes - The VAR Guy
- Apple Q2 Wows on Sales, Earnings, iPhone but iPad Lags - The VAR Guy
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- Panic Stations: Security technology and panic rooms - Business Technology
- Justices test Aereo on copyright issue but raise concern about harming cloud ... - Washington Post