GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Don't Steal the Spotlight from Sales Reps: 10 Tips - The VAR Guy
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - Broadway World
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Online travel services firm faces £150000 penalty after data breach - Business Technology
- Britain faces increasing digital skills shortage, says taskforce report - Business Technology
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- HP Adds Chairman to Whitman's Title - The VAR Guy
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- Keil Hubert: Chairman of the Bored - Business Technology