Intelligent part numbers, containing identifiable descriptors, have helped manufacturers speed up their work. Ironically, they now could be an archaic drag on productivity in today's environment of fast design and product changes and computerized PLM. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Opportunities Abound for Solution Providers - The VAR Guy
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Forrester: The Business Technology Value Scorecard - InfoWorld
- Embrace the Transformation - RIS News (blog)
- DoD Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business ... - EV World
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- PCs Save HP's Q3, Halt Long Revenue-Losing Streak - The VAR Guy
- IDC: SDN Set for Enterprise Boom - The VAR Guy
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- Flash Virtualization Startup PernixData Lands $35M in Funding - The VAR Guy