Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
Distribution and supply managers are always worried about both inventory carrying costs and stock shortages. Increasingly complex manufacturing supply chains, though, are calling for a balanced approach through inventory optimization. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Amazon's Mobile POS Undercuts the Competition - RIS News (blog)
- Amazon Opening Pop-Up Stores for Cloud Business - The VAR Guy
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- Forrester: The Business Technology Value Scorecard - InfoWorld
- Ralph Lauren Serves Up Wearable Tech - RIS News (blog)
- Keil Hubert: Interviewing Naked - Business Technology