Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
Distribution and supply managers are always worried about both inventory carrying costs and stock shortages. Increasingly complex manufacturing supply chains, though, are calling for a balanced approach through inventory optimization. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- HP Adds Chairman to Whitman's Title - The VAR Guy
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Report: Wearables Straining Google-Samsung Relationship - The VAR Guy
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- Microsoft Layoffs: Who Goes Besides Nokia Employees? - The VAR Guy
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- Keil Hubert: Chairman of the Bored - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- Ten years on, 9/11 Commission report authors warn of cyber terrorist threat - Business Technology