Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
Distribution and supply managers are always worried about both inventory carrying costs and stock shortages. Increasingly complex manufacturing supply chains, though, are calling for a balanced approach through inventory optimization. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Industry Crib Sheet: Consumer Spending Dips in July but Confidence Soars
- The Light Side: ‘It’s the Hotel, Our Robot Has Arrived with Your Towels’
- Performance Management: Grasp the Big-Picture Metrics
- How Supply Chain Financing Is Changing Buyer-Supplier Relationships
- Automotive Plastics Growth Benefits from Design, Regulatory Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- The evolving role of savvy business technology leaders - CloudTech
- Microsoft Defies Judge's Order to Turn Over Foreign Stored Emails - The VAR Guy
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Yelp CEO reviews his own business after 10 years - The Seattle Times
- Longtime Tech Journalist Anand Shimpi Heads to Apple - The VAR Guy
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- AT&T Merges Mobility, Enterprise Unit, Names New Boss - The VAR Guy
- Keil Hubert: Less Disco, More Waffles - Business Technology