The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Increasingly Dense Mobile Devices Present Cooling Challenges in Product Design
- Industrial Robotics Move from Safety Emphasis to Advanced Tasks
- Industry Crib Sheet: Industrial Production Has a Healthy March
- The Light Side: Have No Fear, the Science Brigade Is Here
- Inside Daimler’s CAD Switch from Dassault to Siemens
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Report: Region's tech employment, pay on upswing - Pittsburgh Business Times (blog)
- Supreme Court to decide on Aereo, an obscure start-up that could reshape the ... - Washington Post
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO - The Seattle Times
- Forrester: Enterprise Architecture In China Can't Keep Up With Business ... - Business Wire (press release)
- Digital disruption is changing business, but technology isn't the only answer - The Next Web
- Panic Stations: Security technology and panic rooms - Business Technology
- For Small Business, Technology Is Creating, Not Costing, Jobs - Huffington Post
- 20 years of honoring innovation: Business & Technology honorees announced - Pacific Coast Business Times
- Justices test Aereo on copyright issue but raise concern about harming cloud ... - Washington Post
- Technology consultant shares tips - Killeen Daily Herald