Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Building Business & Technology Innovation Centers - Baseline
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Technology outruns policy for telemedicine - Longview News-Journal
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup - Firstpost
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud - Australian Techworld
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - Boston.com
- Google Wraps Partner Summit, Honors Partners of the Year - Channel Partners
- IT Decision Makers and Growth of Business Technology - Midsize Insider