From detailed, hands-free machine diagnostic walk-throughs to capturing real-time, in-cycle machine data, digital manufacturing is hinging on wearable technology tools like Google Glass. The cutting-edge form factor will also have applications in related areas such as warehousing and maintenance. [Read More...]
AT&T's announcement of a move to cloud-based architecture for its network underscores the emergence of so-called NGI, or next-generation IT infrastructure, which encompasses open-source environments, software-defined networking, and cloud orchestration layers. [Read More...]
Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
Manufacturers, after dabbling in management and finance applications in the cloud, are now becoming more comfortable getting off-premise with manufacturing operations IT. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- AT&T Merges Mobility, Enterprise Unit, Names New Boss - The VAR Guy
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- Technology trends can work for business - NEWS.com.au
- Vivendi, Telefonica in talks over Brazil business - mySanAntonio.com
- Microsoft Cuts Surface 2 Prices by $100 in New Promotion - The VAR Guy
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Why Friendliness Alone Won't Close Stalled Prospects - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Microsoft Boss Nadella Heads to China Over Anti-trust Worries - The VAR Guy