Operating connected systems and networked infrastructure with so-called advanced persistent threats, such as cyber-espionage organizations, always looming has meant the need for advanced firewalls that go deep to find vulnerabilities. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
AT&T's announcement of a move to cloud-based architecture for its network underscores the emergence of so-called NGI, or next-generation IT infrastructure, which encompasses open-source environments, software-defined networking, and cloud orchestration layers. [Read More...]
Getting data from manufacturing machinery and tying it to enterprise systems allows organizations to get production insights. Doing this for disparate, legacy machines has been a conundrum, but the MTConnect protocol is a promising answer. [Read More...]
Okuma, a CNC machinery maker, established Partners in THINC to include competing suppliers of shop-floor productivity solutions. This seemingly unconventional move spurs open-platform development while reinforcing Okuma as a problem-solver for its customers. [Read More...]
A new generation of firewalls, web security gateways, and intrusion-detection and intrusion-prevention systems that include contextual capabilities is coming onto the market. Simply put, they are able to analyze "the who, the what, the where, and the how" when it comes to enterprise users and threats. [Read More...]
General Motors is nearing completion of its groundbreaking effort to bring its U.S. IT resources in-house, in an initiative that is expected to reduce costs and bring IT operations in closer alignment with the business. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Microsoft Lures Away Top Qualcomm Marketing Executive - The VAR Guy
- Worldpay to exhibit at the Retail Business Technology Expo - OnWindows.com
- Data#3 strikes acquisition deal with Discover Technology - ZDNet
- Inspector Dogberry: CleverPet, BlackBerry's Project Ion and BloomSky - Business Technology
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Stock Rating Reaffirmed by FinnCap (KBT) - Watch List News (press release)
- BRIEF-ISC Business Technology says new synergies through participation in hrv ... - Reuters
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology
- Lenovo Showcases Smart Glass Wearable, New IoT Platform - The VAR Guy
- Babolat's connected racquet helps tennis players find the sweet spot - Business Technology
- FinnCap Reiterates "Corporate" Rating for K3 Business Technology Group plc ... - Watch List News (press release)