Enterprise-wide quality software, handling centralized data collection, document management, and customer issues, among other functions, is redefining manufacturing quality. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Lenovo Showcases Smart Glass Wearable, New IoT Platform - The VAR Guy
- American Express Global Business Travel Introduces New Technology - Travel Agent
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Stock Rating Reaffirmed by FinnCap (KBT) - Watch List News (press release)
- SMEs move into smart products as Internet of things gains momentum - Business Technology
- The City of London police to tackle piracy with banners on suspect websites - Business Technology
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology
- Listen to online customer feedback to optimise your company's mobile app - Business Technology
- K3 Business Technology Acquires Retail Technology For GBP610,000 - London South East
- Innovator: Marriott official says technology will play a growing role in your ... - Washington Post
- BlackBerry boosts security assets with Germany's SecuSmart - CBC.ca