Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Today’s businesses collect enormous amounts of data, whether they want to or not. Information about customers, suppliers, manufacturing processes, transportation and shipping, and computer and telecom networks builds up in the databases of nearly all businesses. Most companies don’t use much of it; they believe they have neither the time nor the expertise to extract meaningful intelligence from it. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Industry Crib Sheet: Manufacturing Coming Out of Hibernation
- The Light Side: As Winter Ends, So Go the Traffic Sneckdowns
- Trade Show Preview: Integrating the Industry at Hannover Messe
- Trade Show Preview: Gathering Schools Together at IMTS
- Survey: Small, Midsize Manufacturers “Conservatively Optimistic”
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Building Business & Technology Innovation Centers - Baseline
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Bsquare to Showcase Smart, Connected Retail Solutions at Retail Business ... - MarketWatch
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Rometty: IBM Did Not Meet Expectations in 2013 - The VAR Guy
- Technology outruns policy for telemedicine - Longview News-Journal
- Fukushima disaster in Japan gives rise to opportunity - The National
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- Keil Hubert: Fond Memories of a Train Wreck - Business Technology
- CMOs Ramp Up Business and Technology Acumen in 2014 - NASDAQ