A new generation of firewalls, web security gateways, and intrusion-detection and intrusion-prevention systems that include contextual capabilities is coming onto the market. Simply put, they are able to analyze "the who, the what, the where, and the how" when it comes to enterprise users and threats. [Read More...]
Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Google Glass could become ubiquitous in corporate corridors, but it’s also likely to become a familiar sight on shop floors, near assembly lines, in labs, and on loading docks. One app currently in development allows users to see inside factory machines to help diagnose problems and aid in troubleshooting and maintenance. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Opportunities Abound for Solution Providers - The VAR Guy
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Forrester: The Business Technology Value Scorecard - InfoWorld
- PCs Save HP's Q3, Halt Long Revenue-Losing Streak - The VAR Guy
- DoD Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business ... - EV World
- Embrace the Transformation - RIS News (blog)
- The 'Random Amazement' Differentiation - The VAR Guy
- Viewers switching to on-demand content - Business Technology
- IDC: SDN Set for Enterprise Boom - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune