Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Editor’s Note: Pardon the Interruption
- Smart Companies Leverage Green Supply Chains for Competitive Benefits
- Industry Crib Sheet: Consumer Spending Dips in July but Confidence Soars
- The Light Side: ‘It’s the Hotel, Our Robot Has Arrived with Your Towels’
- Performance Management: Grasp the Big-Picture Metrics
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- The evolving role of savvy business technology leaders - CloudTech
- Top 5 Retailers to Work For - RIS News (blog)
- Transform the way you do business - Inquirer.net
- Microsoft Defies Judge's Order to Turn Over Foreign Stored Emails - The VAR Guy
- Yelp CEO reviews his own business after 10 years - The Seattle Times
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Longtime Tech Journalist Anand Shimpi Heads to Apple - The VAR Guy
- New iPhone 6 could have built-in mobile payments system - Business Technology
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook