Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Amazon's Mobile POS Undercuts the Competition - RIS News (blog)
- Amazon Opening Pop-Up Stores for Cloud Business - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Keil Hubert: Interviewing Naked - Business Technology
- Ralph Lauren Serves Up Wearable Tech - RIS News (blog)
- Ixia Finds New CEO in Ex-HP Networking Exec Mayer - The VAR Guy
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- Forrester: The Business Technology Value Scorecard - InfoWorld