Technology-enabled product tracking and tracing capabilities are becoming must-haves as supply chains have grown more and more complex. They help protect manufacturers and minimize risk impact. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
Okuma, a CNC machinery maker, established Partners in THINC to include competing suppliers of shop-floor productivity solutions. This seemingly unconventional move spurs open-platform development while reinforcing Okuma as a problem-solver for its customers. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
The growing complexity of subsystems within products will spur evolution from document-based systems engineering to the model-based approach. MBSE software will ease integrated, concurrent development of mechanical function, embedded electronics, etc, in the product design cycle. [Read More...]
It is obviously incumbent to have good software and system integration for good manufacturing operations management. But the best manufacturers at MOM are driven by staff who execute continuous improvement practices. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
GE's Brian Courtney is a bit like an explorer in the newly discovered, uncharted territory of industrial Big Data. After all, what engineer wouldn't want to know what was happening with every piece of equipment on the assembly line or every product unit in service out in the field every day? [Read More...]
Strategies for product development and management can be extraordinarily useful and profitable -- or they can be red herrings, rabbit trails you’re better off ignoring. For some companies, product lifecycle management (PLM) can be one of them. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Keil Hubert: Chairman of the Bored - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- IBM Beats Street but Hardware Woes Continue - The VAR Guy
- Google Q2 2014 Beats Revenue but Misses Earnings Estimates - The VAR Guy
- Report: Wearables Straining Google Samsung Relationship - The VAR Guy
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- 96 per cent of organisations have been hit by 'significant' IT security incidents - Business Technology
- Yahoo acquires Flurry to optimise growing smartphone and tablet offering - Business Technology