Intelligent part numbers, containing identifiable descriptors, have helped manufacturers speed up their work. Ironically, they now could be an archaic drag on productivity in today's environment of fast design and product changes and computerized PLM. [Read More...]
Technology-enabled product tracking and tracing capabilities are becoming must-haves as supply chains have grown more and more complex. They help protect manufacturers and minimize risk impact. [Read More...]
Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Northeast Ohio Technology Provider Announces ERP & CRM Business ... - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)
- Ballmer Quits Microsoft Board for NBA Clippers Ownership - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- Microsoft Late to Backpedal on Patch Tuesday System Crash Problem - The VAR Guy
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- Tech standards being ironed out - Business Technology
- Mr. Google goes to Washington to tame technology monsters - SCNow
- Will CIOs Ever Trade Information Technology for Business Technology? - Direct Marketing News
- Keil Hubert: There's Always Something Worth Stealing - Business Technology
- Inspector Dogberry: FIFA World Cup, Sarah Palin and NOW TV - Business Technology