Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Okuma, a CNC machinery maker, established Partners in THINC to include competing suppliers of shop-floor productivity solutions. This seemingly unconventional move spurs open-platform development while reinforcing Okuma as a problem-solver for its customers. [Read More...]
A new generation of firewalls, web security gateways, and intrusion-detection and intrusion-prevention systems that include contextual capabilities is coming onto the market. Simply put, they are able to analyze "the who, the what, the where, and the how" when it comes to enterprise users and threats. [Read More...]
General Motors is nearing completion of its groundbreaking effort to bring its U.S. IT resources in-house, in an initiative that is expected to reduce costs and bring IT operations in closer alignment with the business. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology
- Listen to online customer feedback to optimise your company's mobile app - Business Technology
- Government champions Internet of things with new legislation - Business Technology
- Cisco predicts there will be 50 billion internet-connected devices by 2020 - Business Technology
- K3 Business Technology Acquires Retail Technology For GBP610,000 - London South East
- Innovator: Marriott official says technology will play a growing role in your ... - Washington Post
- Technology, piracy bring end to DVD library era - Times of India
- Who's Responsible For Digital Transformation? - Small Business News from Gaebler.com
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Receives Corporate Rating from FinnCap ... - Ticker Report
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com