The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Data centers consume 2 percent of the world's energy. A global consortium of IT organizations called the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) is promoting an open and standard approach for measuring the carbon footprint of services provided from the cloud. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Hackers exploiting Internet Explorer to expose computers' security flaws - Business Technology
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - Broadway World
- Don't Steal the Spotlight from Sales Reps: 10 Tips - The VAR Guy
- Online travel services firm faces £150000 penalty after data breach - Business Technology
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- Britain faces increasing digital skills shortage, says taskforce report - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- 6 Reasons User-Friendly Technology Can Rock Your Business - Entrepreneur