The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Data centers consume 2 percent of the world's energy. A global consortium of IT organizations called the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) is promoting an open and standard approach for measuring the carbon footprint of services provided from the cloud. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Keil Hubert: Less Disco, More Waffles - Business Technology
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- AT&T Merges Mobility, Enterprise Unit, Names New Boss - The VAR Guy
- The Future of Engagement: Wearable Tech - RIS News (blog)
- 99 per cent of hackers say basic tactics like phishing are still effective - Business Technology
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- Technology trends can work for business - NEWS.com.au
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post