The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Data centers consume 2 percent of the world's energy. A global consortium of IT organizations called the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) is promoting an open and standard approach for measuring the carbon footprint of services provided from the cloud. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Will CIOs Ever Trade Information Technology for Business Technology? - Direct Marketing News
- 5 Telltale Signs of All-Star IT Salespeople - The VAR Guy
- Apple Drives Ford Away from BlackBerry to iPhones - The VAR Guy
- Microsoft Lures Away Top Qualcomm Marketing Executive - The VAR Guy
- Inspector Dogberry: CleverPet, BlackBerry's Project Ion and BloomSky - Business Technology
- Worldpay to exhibit at the Retail Business Technology Expo - OnWindows.com
- Data#3 strikes acquisition deal with Discover Technology - ZDNet
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Stock Rating Reaffirmed by FinnCap (KBT) - Watch List News (press release)
- New copyright exemptions allow Britons to make private copies of digital content - Business Technology
- BRIEF-ISC Business Technology says new synergies through participation in hrv ... - Reuters