Intelligent part numbers, containing identifiable descriptors, have helped manufacturers speed up their work. Ironically, they now could be an archaic drag on productivity in today's environment of fast design and product changes and computerized PLM. [Read More...]
Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Technology-enabled product tracking and tracing capabilities are becoming must-haves as supply chains have grown more and more complex. They help protect manufacturers and minimize risk impact. [Read More...]
Small and medium-sized businesses were most satisfied with their software-selection projects when conducted with basic due diligence rather than the kinds of complex analyses often employed by IT departments. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- AT&T Merges Mobility, Enterprise Unit, Names New Boss - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- NASA chooses two dozen small business technology proposals with potential to ... - FierceGovernmentIT
- For sale: Systems that can secretly track where cellphone users go around the ... - Washington Post
- Vivendi, Telefonica in talks over Brazil business - seattlepi.com
- Technology trends can work for business - NEWS.com.au
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Drone groan: first Amazon — and now Google - The Seattle Times