AT&T's announcement of a move to cloud-based architecture for its network underscores the emergence of so-called NGI, or next-generation IT infrastructure, which encompasses open-source environments, software-defined networking, and cloud orchestration layers. [Read More...]
Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
Manufacturers, after dabbling in management and finance applications in the cloud, are now becoming more comfortable getting off-premise with manufacturing operations IT. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
The majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems are installed on-premises and maintained by in-house IT personnel. However, ERP solutions are increasingly being offered in the cloud, and manufacturers are finding multiple advantages from the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. [Read More...]
Data centers consume 2 percent of the world's energy. A global consortium of IT organizations called the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) is promoting an open and standard approach for measuring the carbon footprint of services provided from the cloud. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
- Editor’s Note: Pardon the Interruption
- Smart Companies Leverage Green Supply Chains for Competitive Benefits
- Industry Crib Sheet: Consumer Spending Dips in July but Confidence Soars
- The Light Side: ‘It’s the Hotel, Our Robot Has Arrived with Your Towels’
- Performance Management: Grasp the Big-Picture Metrics
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- The evolving role of savvy business technology leaders - CloudTech
- Microsoft Defies Judge's Order to Turn Over Foreign Stored Emails - The VAR Guy
- Top 5 Retailers to Work For - RIS News (blog)
- Business Technology Summit agenda set for Oct. 29 event - The Clermont Sun
- Firms will spend over £40 billion on information security this year - Business Technology
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- New iPhone 6 could have built-in mobile payments system - Business Technology
- Indian, Chinese SMEs to Come Together for Business, Technology - Outlook
- Longtime Tech Journalist Anand Shimpi Heads to Apple - The VAR Guy
- The Future of Engagement: Wearable Tech - RIS News (blog)