Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Enterprise-wide quality software, handling centralized data collection, document management, and customer issues, among other functions, is redefining manufacturing quality. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
Getting data from manufacturing machinery and tying it to enterprise systems allows organizations to get production insights. Doing this for disparate, legacy machines has been a conundrum, but the MTConnect protocol is a promising answer. [Read More...]
Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
The growing complexity of subsystems within products will spur evolution from document-based systems engineering to the model-based approach. MBSE software will ease integrated, concurrent development of mechanical function, embedded electronics, etc, in the product design cycle. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Alta Vista Technology Offers Business Technology Seminars For Microsoft ... - PR Newswire (press release)
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- HP Adds Chairman to Whitman's Title - The VAR Guy
- Report: Wearables Straining Google-Samsung Relationship - The VAR Guy
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- Keil Hubert: Chairman of the Bored - Business Technology
- Microsoft Layoffs: Who Goes Besides Nokia Employees? - The VAR Guy
- IBM Beats Street but Hardware Woes Continue - The VAR Guy