Manufacturers don't usually focus on efficiency improvements other than at their machinery, work-cell, or production-line levels hence their lack of uptake in smart building systems. But they can still reap back-office benefits. [Read More...]
Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Enterprise-wide quality software, handling centralized data collection, document management, and customer issues, among other functions, is redefining manufacturing quality. [Read More...]
Data-driven manufacturing is generally being linked with equipment effectiveness, but it can also show a company whether what it is making is making money. It comes down to profit per hour. [Read More...]
The push in data-driven manufacturing can extend to energy metering. Electricity meters positioned on the shop floor are realizing cost benefits. [Read More...]
Core capital equipment, that is. Industry experts say smart meters and dedicated software provide the fine-grained resolution needed to correlate energy use with particular machinery and product manufacturing and make "direct-cost" adjustments. [Read More...]
Getting data from manufacturing machinery and tying it to enterprise systems allows organizations to get production insights. Doing this for disparate, legacy machines has been a conundrum, but the MTConnect protocol is a promising answer. [Read More...]
Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
Businesses are starting to take advantage of real-time logistics visibility, such as traffic avoidance and delivery resequencing. But that's the tip of the iceberg of possibilities being dreamed by the convergence of Big Data, predictive analytics, wearable computing, and the Internet of Things. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Opportunities Abound for Solution Providers - The VAR Guy
- PCs Save HP's Q3, Halt Long Revenue-Losing Streak - The VAR Guy
- Air Force, small business partnership yields blade health monitoring technology - Air Force Link
- Forrester: The Business Technology Value Scorecard - InfoWorld
- Embrace the Transformation - RIS News (blog)
- Report: Microsoft to Showcase Windows 9 Sept. 30 - The VAR Guy
- Sign up for Data Sheet, Fortune's new business technology newsletter - Fortune
- IDC: SDN Set for Enterprise Boom - The VAR Guy
- DoD Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business ... - EV World
- Flash Virtualization Startup PernixData Lands $35M in Funding - The VAR Guy