Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
It is obviously incumbent to have good software and system integration for good manufacturing operations management. But the best manufacturers at MOM are driven by staff who execute continuous improvement practices. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
The growth of additive manufacturing, remote diagnostics, and data-gathering "smart products" will have a profound impact on manufacturing as we know it, according to experts. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- 1 in 10 Americans think HTML is an STD, study finds - Los Angeles Times
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- IT Decision Makers and Growth of Business Technology - Midsize Insider
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud - ARNnet
- Q1 is Almost Over. Is Your 2014 Campaign Strategy Producing? - The VAR Guy
- Chamber To Host Speaker On Scoping Business Technology Trends - The Newtown Bee
- CMOs Ramp Up Business and Technology Acumen in 2014 - NASDAQ
- Business Highlights - Washington Post
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - MiamiHerald.com
- Oil prices spike on Russia sanctions fears - The Seattle Times