Experts are saying Big Data and predictive analytics will be game-changing for human resources professionals looking to become more strategic for their organizations. [Read More...]
General Motors is nearing completion of its groundbreaking effort to bring its U.S. IT resources in-house, in an initiative that is expected to reduce costs and bring IT operations in closer alignment with the business. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an increasingly common business policy that encourages employees to use their own smart devices, including phones, tablets, and laptops, to access company data. Executives consider BYOD “the gateway to greater business benefits,” according to a 2012 Cisco study. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Microsoft Lures Away Top Qualcomm Marketing Executive - The VAR Guy
- Inspector Dogberry: CleverPet, BlackBerry's Project Ion and BloomSky - Business Technology
- BRIEF-ISC Business Technology says new synergies through participation in hrv ... - Reuters
- Lenovo Showcases Smart Glass Wearable, New IoT Platform - The VAR Guy
- FinnCap Reiterates "Corporate" Rating for K3 Business Technology Group plc ... - Watch List News (press release)
- Babolat's connected racquet helps tennis players find the sweet spot - Business Technology
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Stock Rating Reaffirmed by FinnCap (KBT) - Watch List News (press release)
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology
- EA to launch Netflix-style video games subscription service on Xbox One - Business Technology
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com