Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
In the past decade, manufacturers have adopted software to manage many processes, from supply chain management to enterprise resource planning to power consumption. But when it comes to the largest organizational expense and arguably the most critical component of supply chain management – human capital – many companies are still playing catch-up. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an increasingly common business policy that encourages employees to use their own smart devices, including phones, tablets, and laptops, to access company data. Executives consider BYOD “the gateway to greater business benefits,” according to a 2012 Cisco study. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup - Boston.com
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - Boston.com
- Business & Technology Showcase is March 10 at Salem Civic Center - Roanoke Times
- Safeway, Albertsons announce merger - The Seattle Times
- Opportunity Alert: Web-Scale IT Growing Fast - The VAR Guy
- IT Decision Makers and Growth of Business Technology - Midsize Insider