Distribution and supply managers are always worried about both inventory carrying costs and stock shortages. Increasingly complex manufacturing supply chains, though, are calling for a balanced approach through inventory optimization. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
It is obviously incumbent to have good software and system integration for good manufacturing operations management. But the best manufacturers at MOM are driven by staff who execute continuous improvement practices. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Using the right metrics is crucial to achieving successful performance in any enterprise. Keeping those metrics simple, if possible, is ideal. Can overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) provide that kind of snapshot information to manufacturers? [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Building Business & Technology Innovation Centers - Baseline
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Bsquare to Showcase Smart, Connected Retail Solutions at Retail Business ... - DigitalJournal.com
- Rometty: IBM Did Not Meet Expectations in 2013 - The VAR Guy
- Fukushima disaster in Japan gives rise to opportunity - The National
- Technology outruns policy for telemedicine - Longview News-Journal
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American
- CMOs Ramp Up Business and Technology Acumen in 2014 - NASDAQ
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News