Enterprise quality management systems connect the usually isolated four major functional areas of an organization -- R&D, manufacturing, suppliers, and service -- to provide visibility for managing complex value chains. [Read More...]
Organizations operating under stringent regulatory compliance and quality management require air-tight document management solutions. Anything less and companies suffer inefficiencies, redundancies, and ultimately risk to the business. [Read More...]
Small and medium-sized businesses were most satisfied with their software-selection projects when conducted with basic due diligence rather than the kinds of complex analyses often employed by IT departments. [Read More...]
Okuma, a CNC machinery maker, established Partners in THINC to include competing suppliers of shop-floor productivity solutions. This seemingly unconventional move spurs open-platform development while reinforcing Okuma as a problem-solver for its customers. [Read More...]
The first project of the recently unveiled Digital Manufacturing Design and Innovation Institute is the creation of the Digital Manufacturing Commons. It is an open-source collaboration tool that will bring design and manufacturing partners together more easily. [Read More...]
The growing complexity of subsystems within products will spur evolution from document-based systems engineering to the model-based approach. MBSE software will ease integrated, concurrent development of mechanical function, embedded electronics, etc, in the product design cycle. [Read More...]
Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
It is obviously incumbent to have good software and system integration for good manufacturing operations management. But the best manufacturers at MOM are driven by staff who execute continuous improvement practices. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
When it comes Big Data projects, companies shouldn’t let the IT department do the driving, according to a number of experts presenting at last month’s Data Warehouse Institute World Conference. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Microsoft Lures Away Top Qualcomm Marketing Executive - The VAR Guy
- Inspector Dogberry: CleverPet, BlackBerry's Project Ion and BloomSky - Business Technology
- Data#3 strikes acquisition deal with Discover Technology - ZDNet
- K3 Business Technology Group plc Stock Rating Reaffirmed by FinnCap (KBT) - Watch List News (press release)
- BRIEF-ISC Business Technology says new synergies through participation in hrv ... - Reuters
- Lenovo Showcases Smart Glass Wearable, New IoT Platform - The VAR Guy
- FinnCap Reiterates "Corporate" Rating for K3 Business Technology Group plc ... - Watch List News (press release)
- Keil Hubert: We're Here to Serve - Business Technology
- Babolat's connected racquet helps tennis players find the sweet spot - Business Technology
- EA to launch Netflix-style video games subscription service on Xbox One - Business Technology