Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
The market for wearable tech is expected to grow from $9 billion last year to $30 billion by 2018, according to Shane Walker at IHS Global Insights. Perhaps the biggest market for Google Glass is the business sector. [Read More...]
Bring your own device (BYOD) is an increasingly common business policy that encourages employees to use their own smart devices, including phones, tablets, and laptops, to access company data. Executives consider BYOD “the gateway to greater business benefits,” according to a 2012 Cisco study. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- 1 in 10 Americans think HTML is an STD, study finds - Los Angeles Times
- Opportunity Alert: Web-Scale IT Growing Fast - The VAR Guy
- Netanyahu and Gov. Brown sign pro-business pact - Boston.com
- IT Decision Makers and Growth of Business Technology - Midsize Insider
- HIMSS 2014: business and technology innovation get closer - MedCity News
- CMOs Ramp Up Business and Technology Acumen in 2014 - NASDAQ
- 4 Small Business Technology Must-Haves - Business 2 Community
- Chamber To Host Speaker On Scoping Business Technology Trends - The Newtown Bee
- Small business technology - This is why your business needs to be in the Cloud - ARNnet
- Q1 is Almost Over. Is Your 2014 Campaign Strategy Producing? - The VAR Guy