Collaboration technologies are allowing employees to communicate in real time and work together more easily across enterprises of all sizes. But research suggests that many companies are lagging behind in taking advantage of such tools and the potential they promise for organizational effectiveness. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Workers toting laptops, smartphones, or tablets can access needed information no matter where they are, using 4G or Wi-Fi, be it at a client’s location, on the road, or even at home. It gives workers what they need to do their jobs more effectively. But many businesses, strapped with budget constraints, are hitting the wall, with suddenly overburdened servers and wide area networks (WAN). [Read More...]
The market for wearable tech is expected to grow from $9 billion last year to $30 billion by 2018, according to Shane Walker at IHS Global Insights. Perhaps the biggest market for Google Glass is the business sector. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Technology use increasing in area classrooms - Scranton Times-Tribune
- Ascendum to Demonstrate Leading-Edge Retail Business Technology at RBTE - PR.com (press release)
- Starbucks' new iPhone app could fatten baristas' wallets - The Seattle Times
- Building Business & Technology Innovation Centers - Baseline
- Bsquare To Showcase Smart, Connected Retail Solutions At Retail Business ... - Retail Solutions Online (press release)
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Business Connexion expands its African footprint - BDlive
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Zymphony Technology Solutions Named to CRN's Managed Service Provider ... - Broadway World
- Rometty: IBM Did Not Meet Expectations in 2013 - The VAR Guy