Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Workers toting laptops, smartphones, or tablets can access needed information no matter where they are, using 4G or Wi-Fi, be it at a client’s location, on the road, or even at home. It gives workers what they need to do their jobs more effectively. But many businesses, strapped with budget constraints, are hitting the wall, with suddenly overburdened servers and wide area networks (WAN). [Read More...]
Xerox is a company transforming itself from a developer and manufacturer of copiers and printers into a provider of services and solutions. Throughout the transformation, they have attempted to retain the tradition of technological innovation that has been a hallmark of the company since its inception. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Building Business & Technology Innovation Centers - Baseline
- Business Connexion expands its African footprint - BDlive
- 1 in 10 in a survey think HTML is an STD - Los Angeles Times
- Ascendum to Demonstrate Leading-Edge Retail Business Technology at RBTE - PR.com (press release)
- Bsquare to Showcase Smart, Connected Retail Solutions at Retail Business ... - DigitalJournal.com
- Business Highlights - MiamiHerald.com
- Fukushima disaster in Japan gives rise to opportunity - The National
- Rometty: IBM Did Not Meet Expectations in 2013 - The VAR Guy
- Technology outruns policy for telemedicine - Longview News-Journal
- Business Technology Company seeks to bring better technology to Southern ... - Murphysboro American