Okuma, a CNC machinery maker, established Partners in THINC to include competing suppliers of shop-floor productivity solutions. This seemingly unconventional move spurs open-platform development while reinforcing Okuma as a problem-solver for its customers. [Read More...]
A new generation of firewalls, web security gateways, and intrusion-detection and intrusion-prevention systems that include contextual capabilities is coming onto the market. Simply put, they are able to analyze "the who, the what, the where, and the how" when it comes to enterprise users and threats. [Read More...]
Vulnerability management is a fact of life for business organizations. Companies have to monitor the behavior of its people, but cloud computing and mobile devices are introducing threats that need to be mitigated. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are already starting to take advantage of machine-to-machine communications, using gathered data analytics for predictive machine maintenance. The eventual pinnacle is completely automated plant floors that self-adjust to conditions, customize products, and optimize energy usage. [Read More...]
Bring-your-own-device is proliferating among floor personnel in factories, allowing them to monitor manufacturing processes on their personal devices. But with convenience and greater productivity comes security concerns and managing diverse operating systems. [Read More...]
Manufacturers are diving into Big Data to sharpen their decision-making. However, they are getting subpar results from being unable to break down the organizational silos that undermine their efforts to extract the most value out of their data. [Read More...]
Once upon a time, manufacturers didn’t worry very much about the security of their machinery and processes beyond simply locking the doors. Today, of course, more and more equipment is networked to enable information sharing. [Read More...]
Workers toting laptops, smartphones, or tablets can access needed information no matter where they are, using 4G or Wi-Fi, be it at a client’s location, on the road, or even at home. It gives workers what they need to do their jobs more effectively. But many businesses, strapped with budget constraints, are hitting the wall, with suddenly overburdened servers and wide area networks (WAN). [Read More...]
Xerox is a company transforming itself from a developer and manufacturer of copiers and printers into a provider of services and solutions. Throughout the transformation, they have attempted to retain the tradition of technological innovation that has been a hallmark of the company since its inception. [Read More...]
LIKE WHAT YOU'RE READING?
Let's make it easier.
Have the news come to you.
Sign up for our Tech Trends Journal
Newsletter and never miss an important story.
Industry Market Trends
From Around The Web Recent
From Around The Web
- Technology-based mobile health takes off in developing countries - The Guardian
- There's an app for that: Developer gives small business technology minus the ... - SunHerald.com
- Report: Wearables Straining Google-Samsung Relationship - The VAR Guy
- A third of UK small businesses have no plan of action for cyber attacks - Business Technology
- Keil Hubert: Chairman of the Bored - Business Technology
- Stanford dropout Silicon Valley's latest phenom - The Seattle Times
- IBM Beats Street but Hardware Woes Continue - The VAR Guy
- Google Q2 2014 Beats Revenue but Misses Earnings Estimates - The VAR Guy
- Yahoo acquires Flurry to optimise growing smartphone and tablet offering - Business Technology
- The Digital Reality: How Technology has Transformed the New Business - Business 2 Community